The ROMDAS Laser Profilometer module is a Class I Inertial Profiler and conforms to ASTM-E950. It uses a laser and accelerometer combination to measure the longitudinal elevation profile of the road with very high degrees of accuracy at highway speeds. The profile is then analysed to calculate International Roughness Index (IRI) values.
The ROMDAS Laser Profilometer is an exceptionally portable system and can be used for; construction control surveys, large scale network surveys or generally whenever high accuracy roughness data is required.
The latest version is extremely lightweight and portable, weighing only 3 kg, and offering exceptional value for money when purchased with the central ROMDAS System.
- Roughness (IRI)
- Raw Longitudinal Profile (Compatible with industry standard software like ProVal)
- Macro-texture (MPD) Upgrade
ROMDAS Lasers can be upgraded to measure macro-texture in terms of Mean Profile Depth (MPD). The MPD texture upgrade replaces the standard laser unit with a higher speed laser.
- Additional Lasers
Additional lasers can be purchased separately to give multiple road profiles
- Extremely Portable weighing around 3kgs
- World Bank Class 1 Profiler
- Modular option available
- 3 Axis accelerometer
- Highly competative pricing
- Meets ASTM E950 standard
- Single or dual laser systems available for measuring one or two wheel paths
- Easily customised to include other modules such as GPS, Video Logging, Transverse Profiler, Geometry.