An exceptionally portable Class I Inertial Profiler for calculating paved road roughness
The ROMDAS Laser Profilometer module is a Class I Inertial Profiler and conforms to ASTM E950. It uses a combination of laser and accelerometer to measure the longitudinal elevation profile of the road for high degree accuracy at highway speeds. The profile is then analysed to calculate International Roughness Index (IRI) values for road surface.
The ROMDAS Laser Profilometer is an exceptionally portable system and can be used for construction control surveys, large scale network surveys or projects where high accuracy road surface roughness data is required.
The latest version of this laser profiler is extremely lightweight and portable, weighing only 3 kg, and offering exceptional value for money when purchased with the central ROMDAS System.
Key Benefits & Features
- World Bank Class 1 Profiler
- Meets ASTM E950 standard
- 3 Axis accelerometer
- Highly competitive pricing
- Extremely Portable weighing around 3kgs
- Single or dual laser systems available for measuring one or two wheel paths
- Easily customised to include other modules such as GPS, Geometry, Video Logging, Transverse Profile Logger, LCMS.
- Roughness (IRI)
- Raw Longitudinal Profile (Compatible with industry standard software like ProVal)
- Macro-texture (MPD) Upgrade available
ROMDAS Lasers can be upgraded to measure macro-texture in terms of Mean Profile Depth (MPD). The MPD texture upgrade replaces the standard laser unit with a higher speed laser.
- Additional Lasers
Additional lasers can be purchased separately to give multiple road profiles