ROMDAS Video Logging modules are used to create a visual record of the road right-of-way (ROW) or direct pavement surface. The number of cameras and directions are customizable depending on the requirements of customers.
All images are directly digitized and outputs in standard AVI format for viewing in most commonly used media players like WMP, Quicktime, MPC or VLC. Images are recorded at user-defined intervals to reduce file size (e.g. every 5 or 10m) and stored on the survey computer using a Gig Ethernet connection. Users can define custom resolutions and images are shown in real-time during data collection to ensure the quality and aspect can be constantly monitored.
ROMDAS Software features the option to overlay a range of data onto the recorded image. This video overlay has contrasting field labels and data that can be set in any font, size and colour for maximum readability and contrast between the text and the overlay. The ROMDAS Software's video overlay is positioned above the video image so that no part of the image is obscured.
ROMDAS is now an accredited iRAP inspection system.
View a list of accredited iRAP suppliers.
- Right Of Way Video Logging
- Pavement Video Logging
- GIS maps extracted from survey imagery
- Additional ROW or Pavement View cameras can be purchased to increase the range and scope of video logging surveys.
- Customizable image overlay referencing location and survey information
- User-defined trigger distance for reduced files sizes
- Real-time status display. Providing operators with immediate feedback on correct operation of the system.
- Custom camera configurations available
- High resolutions images
- Standard .JPEG or .AVI image format
- Roof mounted cameras offering better scope of view than dashboard mounted camera systems
ROMDAS DataView is the recommended processing software for survey videos. Get the most out of your survey videos with ROMDAS DataView's video rating feature, this allows users to simultaneously view multiple videos and easily record assets, inventory or other information at the push of a button.