The ROMDAS Transverse Profile Logger (TPL) is used to measure the transverse profile (i.e. across the lane). Profiles are then analysed to calculate the extent of surface rutting. This unit is mounted on the front of the vehicle and is easy to remove when not in use. This ASTM compliant device is also one of the most cost-effective and efficient methods for measuring rut depth available on the market!
ROMDAS now offers a laser Transverse Profile Logger, utilising 15 high quality single point laser sensors to output the industry standard transverse profile. Compared to most laser-based Rut Bar units this TPL offers a higher number of contact points to provide high quality transverse profiles as good as laser-based units with fewer points of contact. This laser version offers the heightened accuracy of laser-based equipment while maintaining much of its robustness and cost-effective price.
ROMDAS Data Acquisition Software then analyses the profiles to calculate the extent of wheel path rutting under a theoretical straight edge.
- Transverse profile
- Rut depth (using theoretical 2m straight edge method)
- One of the best combinations of cost efficiency and high accuracy on the market.
- Robust for use in the toughest conditions.
- Easily installed and removable when not in use.
- Operating speed from 0-100km/h
- User define sampling and report intervals.
- Requires little-to-no operator input during surveying.